• FREE Ice Cream for all participants following event (courtesy of Schoep's Ice Cream).
• FREE t-shirt for all participants and volunteers.
• FREE Strides for Africa wristband for first 200 participants
• FREE 20 oz/ BPA-free water bottle for Team Relay participants.
• All participants entered to Win a one-night stay in a
3-bedroom cabin at the Wilderness Resort between
September 2018 and May 2019.
Our goals for this year’s event are as follows:
Raise $15,000 to support the building of Koinadugu College in Kabala, Sierra Leone. Strides for Africa volunteers have been actively serving on a planning committee for the launch of this college since visiting the lands where it would be placed in January 2017.
Raise $10,500 for three additional schools in Nimba County, Liberia.
Raise $6,000 for a solar powered water well for a school in Gormue, Liberia. Our contact for this project has strong ties to Madison through UW-Madison - read more
Raise $5,000 for a clean water project in Ethiopia